Hardwood floors deserve a lot of credit for giving your home a distinct, elegant look. Still, they tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear, whether due to scratches, gouges, or your everyday stains and filth. As a result, cleaning them can be rather tricky, but it is a must. Luckily, you can simply book a reliable maid service near you and learn all about cleaning hardwood floors.
Find out why cleaning your home is essential to equip yourself with strong cleaning motivation. Then, cleaning your house with a busy schedule will no longer be impossible. Even these steps for cleaning countertops will be a piece of cake!
How do I keep my hardwood floors shiny and clean?
Keeping hardwood floors clean will require a bit of elbow grease, that’s for sure. Read on to discover some useful tips!
Adopt a shoes-off policy
Pesky dirt from the outside is the last thing you need. Taking off your shoes at the front door will help prevent it from entering your home. Even if the soles might seem clean, they invariably contain tiny particles of sand and soil that can tarnish hardwood floors. Placing mats at each entrance, and a basket with slippers for guests is the simplest solution.
Vacuum and wash weekly
On average, vacuuming and washing your floors once a week will do the trick. You can do both processes on the same day, or you can assign a day for each of the two activities. With kids around, you should typically vacuum and wash twice a week.
Spot clean little messes immediately
Don’t let filth get out of hand. Whenever you notice a spill or crumbs on the floor, clean it up right away. It will usually take you under a minute, and save you a lot of time and effort in the long run.
How do I get my hardwood floors to shine again?
You can find several methods for shining your hardwood floors, but there’s one that’s time-saving, completely safe, and remarkably effective. You might be surprised, but it involves using tea bags. This is all you need to do:
- Pour two cups of water into a teapot and let it boil.
- Dip two tea bags into the water and wait for it to cool down to room temperature.
- Take the tea bags out, and soak a microfiber cloth into the liquid.
- Wrap the cloth around a flat mop to make the cleaning process less strenuous.
- Wipe the floor clean, and let it air dry.
The tannic acid in the tea will restore shine to your hardwood floors in no time.
What is the best way to clean a hardwood floor?
For your floors, you will need something potent, easy to use, and preferably natural. The product that has all these properties is apple cider vinegar.
- First, use a dust mop or a vacuum to remove dust particles, and set the stage for your vinegar.
- Mix one cup of cider vinegar with one gallon of hot water.
- Immerse a clean mop into the solution and wring it until it’s damp-dry. Too much liquid on your floors can remove the finish, and cause warping and deterioration.
- Mop the floor in the direction of the floorboards to reduce the visibility of the streaks as much as possible.
- Finally, use a soft towel to dry your hardwood floors, and you’re all done.
“What’s the best maid service near me?” Maid Easy is #1!
Flawless hardwood floors should be your top priority. To keep them in mint condition, only an expert approach will get the job done. So, you can sit back and have Maid Easy dispatch the finest cleaning experts to your home and waltz through all the work for you.
With ample time back by your side, explore the stunning scenery of Papago Park. Your home will be just as breathtaking once the pros take care of it.
Maid Easy has got you covered. Book now!