The bathroom is one of the most important places in a home. It’s the place where you have to clean yourself up to either start a new day or end a tiring day of work or running errands. So, making sure that it’s clean is often one of the top priorities.
However, many of us would agree that one indicator that our bathroom needs some deep cleaning is the ceramic bathroom tiles. They can also be considered the most challenging to clean in any bathroom. To help you with this cleaning issue, here are some tips to help you make them look new.
If you have ceramic tile, you have grout in between the squares and it can get filthy and even moldy. You may have the same tile on your floor as well as surrounding your sink and bathtub. To clean grout:
- Pour hot water on the grout and leave it for at least 2 minutes. After which, wipe it off to remove the dirt and grime.
- Make a cleaning solution by mixing one cup of vinegar and one cup of warm water. Pour it into a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on the grout. Leave it on for at least five minutes. Then, scrub the grout with a special grout brush, if you have one, and use an old toothbrush to reach small gaps.
- If there are still hard to remove stains, then you need to mix another solution, this one uses two teaspoons of baking soda in two cups of water. Apply the solution on the stained areas and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, brush the areas with a grout brush.
- Rinse the area with water and wipe it clean.
Cleaning Bathroom Tiles
Once you’re done with grout cleaning, you can proceed to clean your tiles. There are a few different ways to do clean them, which include the following methods:
- Steam Cleaners
These can be used on various floors in your home. When using a steam cleaning for bathroom tiles, just steam the dry surface and wipe the dirt off.
- DIY Solutions
The grout solution, which is a mixture of a one cup water and one cup vinegar, can also be used to clean your tiles. Spray the solution on the surface and use a stiff scrub brush but not one with metal bristles. Repeat either of these processes. Once you’re done, make sure to rinse and dry off the tiles by wiping with a microfiber towel.
Why Clean Your Bathroom Regularly?
Cleaning the bathroom may be a tedious chore for some people, albeit an important one. Experts suggest cleaning your bathroom at least twice a week to keep the germs, bacteria, and fungus away.
Some of the germs and bacteria found in the bathroom can cause gastrointestinal viruses and stomach ailments. Fungi can cause problems like athlete’s feet.
Conclusively, it’s important always to make sure that your bathroom is clean. Using these tips should help you to keep it a little cleaner, but if you want help you can always call an expert cleaning service!